200 hour teacher training course curriculum
- The Foundations, teach sensation based alignment, effectively and with confidence.
- Learn to modify the poses for beginners, injured and advanced students.
- Transitions – the use of verbal cues to move safely around the mat.
- Voice and Vocabulary – creating a safe and supportive environment.
- Sequencing – create a vinyasa flow that supports everyone in the class.
Anatomy and Physiology
- All the systems of the body, and how yoga practices support them.
- The bones and joints, the differences in shape and size and how this affects asana.
- Muscles, movements and how to engage, strengthen and stretch.
- How to adapt the practice for specific physical challenges.
Energetic Anatomy and Physiology
- Koshas, the layers of our being.
- Elements and Doshas – our Ayurvedic expression.
- Nadis – the pathways of prana
- Chakras our karmic makeup.
History and Philosophy
- The Origins of Yoga – exploring the ancient texts.
- The many Branches of Yoga practiced today.
- A step by step approach with Patanjali’s Sutras.
- Tantra rituals and practices for a united Self.
- Samkhya and the creation of the thinking mind.
Pranayama and Meditation
- Mindfulness – and Breathing practices to anchor your mind in the breath.
- Pranayama – Yogic Breath, Nadi Shodhana, Bhramari, Ujjayi, Kapalabhati.
- Mantras – Gayatri, AUM, Mahamrityunja.
Our programs allow students to totally immerse themselves in the teachings, philosophy and practices of yoga. In the Philosophy and Physiology workshops you will explore the impact of your thoughts and feelings on your life energy, and then practice techniques that will benefit your body and mind. In the asana and anatomy workshops you will learn the practicalities of teaching, how to safely adjust the poses to suit your body and how to facilitate this for others.
There is plenty of hands on experience in our courses. You will have the opportunity to apply the practices, teachings and philosophy, in small supportive groups, exploring meditation, mantra, asana variations, pranayama, teaching techniques, assisting, specialized classes and much more.
Sample daily schedule
||Asana Class (experience the yoga rhythms vinyasa with an experienced teacher)
||Sanskrit Mantra (Gayatri)- learn to chant the Gayatri then partner teach
||Foundational Poses – Explore the alignment, variations, benefits and cautions
||Partner Teach Foundational Poses – review Student Manual
||Key Concept – Purusha and Prakriti, interactive conversation, review Student Manual
||Circle teach, student practice cueing foundational poses
||The History of Yoga – Overview of the Vedas, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali’s Sutras
||Patanjali’s Sutras – The eight limbed path – Yamas – Ahimsa
||Ahimsa – living ahimsa – daily journal – review Student Manual
||Key Concept – Prana – 100 volts, interactive conversation, mindfulness practice
||Partner teach – Sensing Breath – Student Manual
||Key Concept – Koshas – interactive conversation, review Student Manual
||Quiz – question students – interactive conversation – review todays schedule
||Close the circle – Mantra – take ahimsa home.
Your investment for the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Integrated Practice Course is $2500. We do have payment options, please click here to find out more. Please click here for our Terms & Conditions.
Our 200 hour Integrated Practice (16 Days part time) course includes:
- 200+ Page Student Manual
- YR Gentle Sequence DVD
- YR Dynamic Sequence DVD
- Ayurveda Workshops x 2
200 Hr Integrated Practice / Personal Development Course Narangba 2018
Saturday 11th August – Tuesday 14th August
Saturday 1st Sept – Tuesday 4th Sept
Saturday 15th Sept – Tuesday 18th Sept
Saturday 6th Oct – Tuesday 9th Oct
SATURDAYS – TUESDAYS 8am- 5pm
Saturdays – Tuesdays will begin with Yoga Rhythms practices, followed by Philosophy and Physiology workshops, exploring the impact of our thoughts and feelings on our life energy, and practicing techniques to harmonize all aspects of our being. Then we continue on each day with asana and anatomy workshops, the practicalities of teaching. Learning how to safely adjust the poses to suit your body and how to facilitate this for others.
VENUE: EARTH VIBRATIONS STUDIO, 9 Mumford Road, Narangba
200 Hr Integrated Practice / Personal Development Weekend Course 2018
Saturday 3rd March – Sunday 4th March + Saturday 17th March – Sunday 18th March
Saturday 14th April – Sunday 15th April + Saturday 28th April – Sunday 29th April
Saturday 12th May – Sunday 13th May + Saturday 26th May – Sunday 27th May
Saturday 14th July – Sunday 15th July + Saturday 28th July – Sunday 29th July
SATURDAYS – SUNDAYS 8am – 5pm
Saturdays – We begin with Yoga Rhythms practices, followed by Philosophy and Physiology workshops, exploring the impact of our thoughts and feelings on our life energy, and practicing techniques to harmonize all aspects of our being.
Sundays – we continue with asana and anatomy workshops, the practicalities of teaching. Learning how to safely adjust the poses to suit your body and how to facilitate this for others.
VENUE: The Upper Caboolture Farmers Assembly Hall, 704 Caboolture River Road, Upper Caboolture, QLD 4501.
Applying for this course is easy! Simply click the book now button below and be prepared to tell us a bit about yourself and your yoga experience to date.
A lot of people worry that they are not ‘good enough’ at yoga to start this course. However, at Yoga Rhythms our yoga is accessible to all so if you have a regular yoga practice, you may be more ready than you realise. At Yoga Rhythms your passion and commitment are the prerequisites. The asana day will enhance your skills and throughout the course you will be asked to maintain a daily practice, and attend regular Yoga Rhythms classes. After Graduation you will only ever teach at a level where you are competent to practice.
If you have any other questions about this course or your suitability you can see our FAQs section or contact us.